Welcome to the first Pals Blog Hop of 2015. We hope your new year is off to a great creative start. To celebrate the start of a new Stampin' Up! year, we are showcasing products from our newest catalog this month - the Occasions catalog. You may also see new Sale-a-bration products too. If you don't know how to earn free Sale-a-bration products - contact your Stampin' Up! demonstrator to learn more.
This month we have 41 stops on our hop! These folks have creations that will get your mojo flowing! You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from stop #26, Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
I suspect you'll be seeing many projects featuring this beautiful Butterflies Thinlits Die and coordinating stamp set. I'll be showcasing cards using this set in the coming weeks, but wanted to kick off the new year with a 3D project. I was not able to capture the glow of the electric tea light shining through the vellum paper, but trust me, the effect is beautiful.
I cut 2 dies in Pink Pirouette and 2 in Rose Red and adhered them to 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" pieces of vellum card stock. I cut two pieces of Basic Gray CS at 4" x 8 1/4", scored at 4" and 8" on the long side. I created the openings using my Square Framelits. The Basic Gray base is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored on all sides at 3/4". I cut up to the score line on opposing sides - like you would do when making a box. I then used my Scalloped Border punch on each of the four sides, burnished the score lines and added sticky strip to the inside narrow scalloped flap.
Using my Tombow "green glue" and a toothpick, I attached the butterflies to the vellum. A Rose Red marker was used to color the vellum from the back side. I tried Pink Pirouette in both marker and Blendability, but the color was too faint for my liking. I centered each vellum piece and attached it to the Basic Gray, adhered the two pieces of Basic Gray together and then attached the bottom piece.
Wouldn't these be pretty on guest tables at a wedding? Coloring more of a stained glass effect would be very lovely also.
Like what you see? I welcome your comments! Please leave one below.
Don't miss out on future posts - be sure to sign up in the right column to have my posts delivered right to your email box.
The next stop is Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie on the Pals Blog Hop!
Thanks for visiting and I'll see you next month. Enjoy the hop!
- Amy Whelan at Amy's Inklings
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Michelle Quinno at Shell's Life
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Blog
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly's Creative Corner
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin' Ink
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping You are here!
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits From Dawn
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery's Owlery
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Pamela Sadller at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon