What a fun week. I arrived in Orlando on Wednesday and was greeted by sunshine and warm temperatures. This Wisconsin girl was happy.
Being the 30th anniversary of Stampin' Up!, the crowd was huge. There were over 6,000 demonstrators from all over the world including Canada, Europe and the South Pacific. There was much anticipation for the doors to open on the first day!
One of the big highlights of the first day of convention was receiving a copy of the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs. There are LOTS of fun new stamp sets that found their way on to my must have list.
The days included many sessions showcasing different stamp sets and providing ideas on how to use them. There sure is a lot of creativity out there. Some of the presentations had us in tears of laughter! There were sessions where we could stamp projects using new items and I can't forget Prize Patrol! I came home with a bag of goodies. I'll get some photos and post them for you.
Here's a photo of me, Kay and my roommate Janet. The three of us had a great time together.
Updates that were shared include:
* Due to popularity of clear mount and photopolymer stamps, wood mount stamps will be discontinued.
* New clear mount stamps will have a cling sticker that sticks to the blocks like you wouldn't believe! There's actually a trick to getting them off of the blocks because they're so sticky - you're going to love them!
* A bag for the Stamperatus will soon be available. It includes lots of room for tools and graph paper.
* A beautiful bag that coordinates with the Stamperatus bag will hold your stamping needs when you're on the go and will be available to new demonstrators in 2019.
* A chief technical officer was hired to work on the website to improve your shopping experience; more forms of payment will be accepted and there will be improved access to my online store.
I look forward to sharing samples made from the stamp sets I received along with additional fun photos from the weekend.
If you're in need of any SU! items, I'd greatly appreciate your shopping my online store. Click here for quick access.
Wishing you some RnR in your stamp room!
Post a Comment